Training and Workshops
We promote innovation and best practice through high quality training. To inquire about any aspect of training please email email@example.com
We can provide training on site for organisations as well as other locations. We are currently in the process of developing web-based training to provide flexibility and accessibility without compromising quality. Jenny Dwyer is an experienced trainer, having taught post graduate clinical training at Masters level, and in numerous workplace settings. All training is based on adult learning principles and utilises current research from neuroscience to promote learning.
Please visit our EVENTS page for details of current and future International workshops
A number of workshops are currently under development. The program will be announced July 2018:
- EMDR Basic training:
- Innovative basic training
- Includes essential curriculum to meet accreditation requirements
- Introduces skills and concepts in using EMDR with children
- Provides introduction to innovative approaches with complex presentations
- Can be tailor made for organisations with a cohort of staff needing training
- EMDR Refresher. This full day workshop will suit:
- Therapists who have completed EMDR training some time ago or who want a refresher to increase confidence.
- The workshop will refresh the theoretical and practice components of EMDR therapy, highlight current applications and innovations, including with children.
- East Melbourne location. Dates and details to be announced
- What is EMDR and how could it help my clients? This half day workshop will suit:
- Those who don't necessarily want to become EMDR therapists at this stage but may want to refer their clients.
- Those in policy or management positions who want to consider EMDR for their organisation and clients.
- Half day. East Melbourne location. Details to be announced.
· SUPERVISION AND LEADERSHIP
We have developed resources and workshops on leadership, reflective practice and supervision. We draw together a range of concepts including neuroscience, attachment theories and leadership, and help participants apply these in practical ways. We regularly provide in-house supervision training for community services organisations and government departments. We have developed developed supervision resources as well as co-authoring a highly-regarded manual on supervision for middle managers in child protection in Victoria.
· CUSTOM MADE TRAINING AND WORKSHOPS
Jenny Dwyer Associates can develop a training package for your needs. Examples of workshops we have provided include:
- Leadership, supervision and reflective practice in child and family services
- Working with adult victims of sexual abuse who disclose problem sexual behaviours in childhood
- How can I help? Embracing new knowledge, old wisdom and creativity in working with trauma
- Filicide, family violence and protecting children - learning from child deaths
- Good dog… Ideas on Animal Assisted Family Therapy
- Processing Trauma with Children: An integrative approach using EMDR and Animal Assisted Therapy
- Wellbeing and self-care for practitioners: A series of workshops for those working with violence, abuse and other trauma