The Unexplored Magic of the EMDR Interweave – for mind, heart and body
Sydney- 18th of May, 2018
EMDR MASTERCLASS For EMDR therapists who have completed level 2 training
The workshop will cover:
Basic training in EMDR introduces the cognitive interweave as part of the therapist’s tool box. But the rich possibilities of the Interweave have remained largely unexplored. When used creatively and skillfully, the interweave can transform EMDR therapy and assist clients as they reconnect to the mind, the heart and the body in fresh and novel ways. In this masterful workshop, Ana will:
· Identify the many ways Interweaves can transform EMDR therapy
· Explore the history and development of the EMDR interweave and overview some of the models, categories and typologies developed by a number of authors
· Introduce interweaves to modulate arousal, challenge procedural memory, recalibrate the nervous system, challenge the window of tolerance, meet unmet attachment needs, nurture the younger self and the inner family, and complete truncated defences, to name a few
· Provide clear guidelines on how to select interweaves for a variety of purposes
· The masterclass will cover interweaves for children and adults
Who should attend?
The workshop will benefit all EMDR therapists wanting to extend their understanding and use of interweaves. It will be particularly helpful for those working with clients who present with complex trauma, attachment injury, avoidance of the traumatic material and difficulties staying within the window of tolerance during processing.
Northside Conference Centre
Cnr Oxley St & Pole Ln,
Crows Nest NSW 2065